‘High quality careers education and guidance in school or college is critical to young people’s futures. It helps to prepare them for the workplace by providing a clear understanding of the world of work including the routes to jobs and careers that they might find engaging and rewarding. It supports them to acquire the self-development and career management skills they need to achieve positive employment destinations. This helps students to choose their pathways, improve their life opportunities and contribute to a productive and successful economy.’ DFE September 2022.
At Accordia Academies Trust we recognise the importance of a high quality careers education and guidance programme and we are committed to increasing the possibility and probability of paid work for our young people, and also their ability to successfully complete that paid employment.
Accordia Academies we aim to provide a relevant and engaging careers curriculum which meets the differing needs and requirements of our pupils. This is developed throughout a pupil’s time at the Trust and is always supportive of their abilities, strengths and skills.
The Careers curriculum links with Accordia Academies’ mission statement:
‘Together we empower and believe to thrive and achieve’
- To achieve maximum personal independence and active community participation.
- To empower self-advocacy through effective communication for choice and control.
- To aspire to ambitious personal pathways, progress and achievement within a functional context.
- To develop and maintain active social opportunities, health and wellbeing.
- To ensure continuity of life-long learning and on transfer to Post 19 destinations.
If you would like to find out more about our Careers Education please contact Bev Jones, Careers Lead on Bjones@barrscourt.hereford.sch.uk 01432 265035
If you would like to contact our Careers and Employability HLTA about the possibility of becoming a work experience provider, please contact Carrie Pitt on email@example.com